Studio Coordinator & Administrator
Company of Rogues Actors’ Studio is looking for a skilled Coordinator & Administrator to join our team! You will be an integral part in ensuring that our studio operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting our Studio Director, instructors and students.
The Coordinator & Administrator at Company of Rogues is, above all, an organized and competent professional with phenomenal communication skills and a positive attitude. You will be comfortable dealing with people and able to carry out a variety of administrative duties with accuracy and speed.
The goal is to ensure that the studio operations are efficient and add maximum value to the organization.
- Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Maintain files and records with effective filing systems including our Student Database
- Create class schedules and organize calendar
- Assist Studio Director with class preparation, including classes taught outside the studio
- Upload course material to Dropbox and assist students with Dropbox
- Support faculty (including our Vancouver Studio, Rogues West) with various administrative tasks (receiving calls and emails, scheduling meetings, etc)
- Support students with registration and various tasks (provide schedules, email updates, payment plans, rehearsal booking etc)
- Greet and assist visitors and students when they arrive at the office
- Handle all office contracts and vendor relationships (Theatre/space rentals, Culligan, Calgary Mat & Linen, Ricoh, etc)
- Perform basic bookkeeping activities (payments, receipts, etc)
- Update website and social media
- Send out Studio Updates via Mailchimp
- Monitor office supplies inventory
- Previous experience as a Coordinator & Administrator (or similar role)
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, WordPress, Mailchimp, Dropbox, Gmail, Google Calendar
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (must be proficient in the English language including, writing, grammar, and punctuation)
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and have the ability to work independently without supervision
- Reliable with patience, professionalism and a positive attitude
- A Bachelor of Arts degree in fields related to Arts Administration, Drama or Film
- An interest in the arts and arts education
- A working knowledge of acting techniques (Stanislavski, Meisner, Hagen)
- An understanding of the theatre and film industry
This is a contract position. $20/hour 30 hours per week
Please email your cover letter and resume to Joe-Norman Shaw: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Company of Rogues:
Rogues was founded in 1993 in Vancouver, B.C. by seasoned working professionals, Christiane Hirt and Joe-Norman Shaw, who shared a desire to establish a creative home where actors could explore their craft in an environment devoted to the highest and most demanding artistic principles. After Christiane won the lead role of Hannah in the series Lonesome Dove, Christiane and Joe moved to Calgary where they re-established Company of Rogues in 1996, continuing their vision to cultivate a community of first class actors.