Administrative Assistant Position
Company of Rogues Actors’ Studio is looking for a skilled Administrative Assistant to join our team! You will be the front of house face of our Calgary studio, and an integral part in ensuring that our studio operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting our Studio Director, instructors and students.
The Administrative Assistant at Company of Rogues is, above all, an organized and competent professional with phenomenal communication skills and a positive attitude. You will be comfortable dealing with people, are able to carry out a variety of unique administrative duties with accuracy and speed and possess a keen knowledge and understanding of the theatre and film industry.
The goal is to ensure that the studio operations are efficient and add maximum value to the organization.
- Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Maintain files and records with effective filing systems including our Student Database
- Create yearly class schedules and organize calendars for each year
- Assist Studio Director with preparation for classes, including classes taught outside the studio (collecting sides, uploading scene work etc)
- Upload course material to Dropbox and assist students with Dropbox
- Support faculty (including our Vancouver Studio, Rogues West) with various admin tasks (receiving calls and emails, scheduling meetings, etc)
- Support students with registration and other various tasks (provide schedules, email updates, payment plans, rehearsal booking etc)
- Greet and assist visitors and students when they arrive at the office, including providing full product knowledge of classes, schedules and fees
- Handle all office contracts and vendor relationships (Theatre/space rentals, Culligan, Calgary Mat & Linen, Ricoh, etc)
- Perform bookkeeping activities (payments, receipts, student accounts, preparing tax forms etc)
- Update website and social media
- Design and create graphics, posters and marketing material for the studio and Rogues Theatre as required
- Create content and send out Studio Updates via Mailchimp
- Monitor office supplies inventory
- 2+ years experience as a Administrator (similar role or industry desirable)
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, WordPress, Mailchimp, Dropbox, Gmail, Google Calendar
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (must be proficient in the English language including, writing, grammar, and punctuation)
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and have the ability to work independently without supervision
- Reliable with patience, professionalism and a positive attitude
- A Business Administration Diploma or Certificate with Bookkeeping training desirable
- A keen interest in the arts and arts education
- Applicable and working knowledge of acting techniques (Stanislavski, Meisner, Hagen)
- Understanding and working knowledge of the theatre and film industry
- Understanding and working knowledge of the education industry
- Understanding and working knowledge of student tax forms desirable
This is a contract position. $21.25/hour 30 hours per week
Please email your cover letter and resume to Joe-Norman Shaw: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified individuals will be selected for an interview.
About Company of Rogues:
Rogues was founded in 1993 in Vancouver, B.C. by seasoned working professionals, Christiane Hirt and Joe-Norman Shaw, who shared a desire to establish a creative home where actors could explore their craft in an environment devoted to the highest and most demanding artistic principles. After Christiane won the lead role of Hannah in the series Lonesome Dove, Christiane and Joe moved to Calgary where they re-established Company of Rogues in 1996, continuing their vision to cultivate a community of first class actors.